At the Boys & Girls Club of Fall River, our mission is to enable our youth to reach their full potential as caring, responsible, and productive citizens.
Our nonprofit organization believes that every child in the Fall River, MA community should have a safe place where they can learn, play, and grow. They deserve a sanctuary where caring adults guide, supervise, and lead them to adulthood. The Boys & Girls Club of Fall River is that place.
Using the full extent of our powers, we assure that our members will complete high school and have access to a postsecondary education. In partnership with other community members, we will be outstanding stewards of the public’s trust and our donors’ gifts.
We do this by:
Providing a safe place for children to play, discover, learn, serve, and dream
Modeling caring, responsible, and productive behavior
Helping 100% of our members graduate from high school and assisting them with college awareness, access, and success
Efficiently using our resources, both human and capital, so that we can be outstanding stewards of the public trust
1890 – The Boys & Girls Club of Fall River was founded on February 1; the first meeting place and clubhouse was a storefront on Third Street
1892 – The Boys' Club of Fall River became incorporated
1897 – A new clubhouse was opened on Anawan St.; it was the first building built specifically for a Boys' Club in the nation
1906 – The club became a National Movement of Federation of Boys' Clubs charter member
1967 – A new and expanded facility was opened at 803 Bedford St., our present location
1982 – The Boys' Club of Fall River changed to the Boys & Girls Club of Fall River
2005 – We expanded our facilities with an 18,000-square-foot, three-level addition
The club is housed in a tri-level building that was constructed in 1967. It occupies 55,000 square feet of program space. The space includes a learning center, swimming pool, gymnasium, game room, art room, technology center, multi-purpose dance room, full kitchen, dining area, and teen center.